- Certified Divers
- Prices & Offers
- Free PADI eLearning
- Free Try Dive
- PADI courses prices
- Prices for certified divers
- Prices for first time divers
- Diving Holidays
- Kalymnos Island
- Travel information for your Kalymnos holidays
- Dive Sites
- Dive sites explored by our personell
- Amphoras garden
- Dolphins bay
- Emma's reef
- Gefyra shore
- Kalymnos Diving Park
- Labyrinth of Telendos
- Melitsacha shore
- Natura 2000
- Natural Aquarium
- Panormitis wreck
- Platy Gialos shore
- Queen of Telendos
- Shrimps cave
- Sponge farm
- Sunken City
- Thor Star Wreck
- Vlichadia shore
- Vouros philoxenia
- Wooden shipwreck
- GRIGORIS MOUZOURAKIS
- Habitats (reefs, caverns, caves, canyons, walls)
- STAVROS VALSAMIDIS
- Underwater Fauna and Flora of Kalymnos Island
- Annelid (Bristle worms, leeches)
- Crustacean (Barnacles, shrimps, hermit crabs, crabs, lobster)
- Echinoderms (Crinoids, starfish, brittle stars, sea-urchins, sea-cucumbers)
- Posidonia (Neptune Grass)
- Videos from our dives on Kalymnos Island
- Dive sites explored by our personell
Beginners scuba diving for first time with us.
Scuba diving for first time is exciting, fun and uplifting!
We'll make sure you have a great, unforgettable experience, with:
- A proper training with PADI Discover Scuba Diving course.
- A boat trip to an isolated bay on Telendos Island.
- Exploring the seabed under the supervision of our PADI instructors.
Before you begin you have to answer a medical questionnaire. To see if there is a preexisting condition that may affect your safety while diving.
Let the fun begin
The fun starts with theory
Your PADI instructor will teach you the basic safety guidelines and skills.
We will then choose your equipment and go get the boat.
You will practice key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
Like how to breathe underwater.
Your first dive
When you are ready your first dive begins. Up to 6 meters depth.
Under the direct supervision of your Instructor.
What you will see
You will see your first marine plants and animals.
Your instructor will point you what is interesting to observe.
Samples of what you will see and learn on your first dive
Posidonia meadows are the forests and the lungs of the Mediterranean sea.
They are habitats for thousands of marine creatures.
Sponges filter the sea to get their food.
They are habitats for many marine species living in them or around them.
When they are out of their tubes, they look like flowers!
But don't touch them. They sting.
Tube worms next to sponges
Sponges extract the filtered water from big holes.
Observe the distortion of the bristles from the current.
Octopus live in nests. They adjust their colors to the environment.
You will learn to recognize octopus nests. And see the octopus if it is in there.
Some questions you might have
Are there any restrictions?
- You must be at least 10 years old. No upper age restriction.
- You must know to swim. You don't need a prior experience with scuba diving.
- You need to be in reasonable physical health.
What do I need to bring?
Your smile, your swimming suit and a towel. We'll provide all the necessary scuba equipment.
How long does it last?
If you go for one dive, it will take at about 3 and a half hours. If you go for two dives, it will take at about 5 hours.
You can save some time from the boring paperwork. Download and read the forms before coming.
- You can scuba dive more days during your curent holidays. At 12 meters depth max. Always under the direct supervision of your Instructor.
- Or learn to scuba dive and become a certified diver. See here all your options as a new diver.
How much does it cost?
80 €Families, Groups
75 €Own gear discount
PADI Discover Scuba Diving course with 1 dive in an isolated bay on Telendos Island. Dive supervised by a PADI...
125 €Families, Groups
115 €Own gear discount
PADI Discover Scuba Diving course with 2 dives in an isolated bay on Telendos Island. Theory. 1 boat trip. Skill...
235 €Families, Groups
220 €Own gear discount
PADI Discover Scuba Diving course with 4 dives in 2 days. For beginners who want to dive more without certification....
Are there any Dive Vacations packages available?
Visit our website for more information: kalymnosdiving.gr
Our facebook page with daily cativity and photos: facebook.com/kalymnosdiving